I’m joined today by a man who markets a marketing agency – he’s the Senior Director of Online Marketing for Stone Temple Consulting, a digital marketing agency serving major brands. Welcome to DMR, Mark Traphagen. You can find Mark over at StoneTemple.com.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the antifragile Marketing, with topics including:
- What exactly is antifragile marketing?
- How do you build a marketing team to prepare for an uncertain world?
- How do you build a system that is capable of adapting to shocks?
- Is it possible for a large marketing team to react to unexpected events, or are smaller teams more naturally better suited to change course?
- If you’re a marketing director, in charge of a large department that’s been quite regimental in its past thinking, how do you introduce out-of-the-box thinking?
- What about people in your organisation who don’t like change, and just focus on doing their own jobs well – should they be pushed to try different roles to expand their awareness of other things that are going on in the business?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Buzz Sumo [Social sharing insight]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
SEMRush [Competitive analysis software]
Similar Web [Competitive analysis software]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Trust your experience, trust your instincts and do it. Become a practitioner above a theoretician. Don’t ignore theory, but most valuable is just go out and do it day after day and be learning from what you do. Fail fast.