Today I’m pleased to be joined by someone who was responsible the explosion of SEMrush’s brand presence in Europe. She now focuses on helping to drive the brand awareness of many different digital marketing tools – welcome Alexandra Tachalova (@AlexTachalova on Twitter and here on LinkedIn)
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss building brand visibility through relationships, with topics including:
- Do you really think that building relationships with experts can result in measurable marketing success?
- Is it possible that investing in relationships can result in a better ROI compared with other more traditional digital marketing tactics?
- How do you go about building those relationships?
- How do you leverage the power of those relationships from a marketing perspective?
- What kind of marketing activities would benefit from these relationships?
- How would you run these marketing activities?
- Can you think of a time that you’ve actually been able to measure the impact that building these relationships in terms of brand visibility?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
BuzzSumo [Social media monitoring]
Ahrefs [Backlink analysis & content explorer]
SEMRush [Competitive intelligence]
Kerboo [Data intelligence]
SEOMonitor [SEO Performance tool]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Horizon by Branded3 (Yet to launch to the public) [Competitive intelligence tool]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Don’t waste your time on trying to somehow trick Google with manipulative techniques and link building; anything which isn’t focused on building real relationships. If you really care about your time and your business, focus on real people – on real emotions. This is the best approach. If you invest in a couple of people per week, or per month, it’s going to pay you great dividend in the end. Because those people can share real interaction. And on top of that, they may even write blog posts about you and mention you in their speeches. That will have a significant effect on your brand authority and visibility.