Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss conversion rate optimization (CRO), with topics including:
- How do you define conversion optimization?
- How has conversion optimization changed over the past few years?
- How do you track visitors across multiple devices?
- How is customer journey optimization different than conversion optimization?
- What are a few of the biggest mistakes that companies are making with conversion optimization at the moment?
- Why is it a good time for marketers to start focusing on conversion optimization?
- Should everyone in a marketing department be aware of conversion optimization and what to do about it?
- Do smaller companies have an advantage over larger companies when it comes to CRO?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Twitter [Social media]
ZootRock [Social media management]
Buffer App [Social media management]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Marketo [Marketing automation software]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Be data driven. Really empathise with people who have no idea why you’re awesome & look at the world from their perspective & help them figure out why you’re awesome as soon as possible.