Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- Crisis communication examples
- How has the way that crisis communications are dealt with, evolved over the past couple of years?
- How do you deal with social media communication in a crisis?
- What communication management technologies assist with crisis management moving into 2015?
- Why every business that wants to be big need to interact with their customers online
- How to prepare to deal with natural disasters when they happen (from a social media perspective)
- Why now is too late when dealing with crisis
- Whether or not it is possible to deal with a crisis on social media without knowing all the facts
- Crisis management using a combination of Twitter and your own website
- Why you must be able to update your website yourself
- What software and technologies can assist with crisis management?
- How do you deal with engagement in a crisis?
- Why text and phone notifications are very important
- The use of social media monitoring tools in a crisis
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
A blog [WordPress.org]
Twitter [A blog promotion tool]
Also discussed: Not Without Salt [Popular blog by Gerald’s daughter]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Most organizations don’t understand that news has become a conversation. Embrace the change!