Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss what is customer insight, with topics including:
- How can having customer insight improve your competitive advantage?
- What are some of the most effective ways to gather customer insight?
- And how do you pinpoint the most valuable data for your business?
- How can you improve your competitive advantage using customer insight?
- What are the differences between online and offline customer insight?
- The importance of looking for common themes
- Why emotion-driven marketing is essential
- How to communicate the results of an inquiry
- Why looking for anecdotes is important
- Should you focus on your key customer segment in your research?
- Why you should always look at what some of the best marketers in the world are doing
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Dropbox [File sharing / productivity tool]
MailChimp [Email marketing]
Snagit [Image and video screen capture software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
As a digital marketer, nobody can do everything. So you have to pick a few strategies and try to do them really well. Good brands are built by offering people things of real value. So when you’re thinking about content marketing, this is not ‘pitch heavy’. This is ‘real value marketing’. People see the content, think you’re brilliant, and that’s why they get in touch. The content is never a pitch.