Today I’m pleased to be talking to a man, who founded his first Internet Marketing firm back in 1999. He’s worked for a large search agency, in-house for couple of major brands and is a regular conference speaker – he’s welcome to DMR, Anthony Kirlew.
You can find Anthony over at AnthonyKirlew.com.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss how to create a holistic digital marketing strategy, with topics including:
- Do you think that brick and mortar businesses generally ‘get’ digital marketing nowadays more than they used to a few years ago?
- What do you feel businesses struggle most with at the moment when it comes to digital marketing?
- Tell me about your ‘SWOT’ approach to digital marketing
- What would you say are the things that businesses think that they’re doing well – but they’re actually not?
- If you’re doing work for a bigger business that employs multiple agencies to do different digital marketing activities – is it possible to tie everything together in a joint approach?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
iOS [iPhone operating system]
Sprout Social [Social media management]
Google Drive [Document sharing]
Quicktime [Watch & edit videos]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Periscope [Mobile broadcasting]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Before starting a marketing plan, make sure that you know who your target customer is, know what their specific needs are, and know how you can serve those needs in a way that’s different than your competition.