Today I’m joined by someone who moved from project management, to educating and communicating the value of email marketing to digital marketers, entrepreneurs, and content creators everywhere. Welcome to DMR, Tom Tate (@tnrt). [Tom is Product Marketing Manager at AWeber.com. You can also find him over at Weekly.coffee]
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss how to attract and engage email subscribers, with topics including:
- How would you compare the value of email marketing compared with other digital channels?
- Is it important for every type of business to be building a list?
- How much detail on your prospects is it best to get, or will email suffice?
- What are some of the more effective ways to attract new subscribers at the moment?
- Is it possible to come across as very personalised, but still be very much automated?
- What are some of the more effective ways to get your subscribers to open and engage with your emails?
- Are there any idea length or content type for emails?
- What are some of the more effective calls-to-action for emails?
- What about subject lines?
- What about the from line, should that be a person or a company?
- What are your thoughts on the future of email marketing?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Mozilla Thunderdbird [Email software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Snapchat [Communications app]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
There are people out there who would love to hear from you. You as a small business owner or a marketer. You have an authentic, original voice. Find that voice. Even if you’re not a great writer, just start work on building our that authenticity and that voice and finding ways to connect with people through email because it’s so rewarding.