Today I’m joined by an internationally recognized expert in Facebook marketing. Someone who’s an author at InsideFacebook and also been featured in the Wall Street Journal. He’s the co-founder and CTO at Blitz Metrics – welcome to DMR, Dennis Yu!
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss Facebook marketing today, with topics including:
- How much has the Facebook marketing opportunity changed in the past 12 months or so?
- Are there certain business sectors that do best when it comes to Facebook marketing – or can Facebook marketing really work for any business?
- What are some of the mistakes that you see businesses making with marketing on Facebook at the moment, and how can these mistakes be rectified?
- What’s some of the best practice to squeeze maximum business results out of Facebook?
- Is it important to build a personal brand on Facebook or can just focusing on Facebook as a business brand work?
- Should your business personality be more light-hearted on Facebook that on other social sites like LinkedIn?
- Is the big opportunity with remarketing or more conventional pay per click advertising?
- What’s some of the best practice with remarketing?
- Do you advise using Facebook’s native advertising platform for managing a remarketing campaign or is it better to use a service like AdRoll or Perfect Audience?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Boomerang [Email reminder system]
Ghostery [Chrome plugin]
Infusionsoft [Communication sequencing]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
AdEspresso [Facebook advertising management]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
I’m the Check-List King. I want you to follow these check lists and go through them and give me feedback. Go to BlitzMetrics.com/GTM and start there – and then you’re going to learn about how to do Facebook advertising for a dollar a day. You’re going to learn about the set-up checklist, you’re going to learn about personal branding which is at BlitzMetrics.com/PBG. I want everyone to go through these checklists, and if you find something that really resonates with you, tweet at me (@dennisyu), or talk about it on LinkedIn – or email me (dennis [at] blitzmetrics.com). I want to see your success. I am here because I want to see everyone be successful based upon some obvious things that we have learned through making lots of mistakes with other people’s money.