Today I’m joined by a lady who was named in Marketing Magazine’s top 30 under 30 marketers for 2016. She’s a chair for the Discover Your Personal Brand conference and the VP of Business Development for Eighty-Eight, a Toronto-based creative communications agency. Welcome to DMR, Fatima Zaidi.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss hacking outbound sales at marketing agencies, with topics including:
- Many marketers switch off when they hear the word ‘sales’. Is that a bad thing to do?
- What does hacking outbound sales mean?
- How different is that to conventional sales?
- What are some of the effective sales strategies for marketing agencies at the moment?
- What makes you a success compared with other people trying to do the same thing?
- How do you measure your success?
- What do you think stops others from being successful at the moment?
- Tying it back to marketers and salespeople, what can they do to work more effectively together?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Hubspot [CRM / Marketing automation]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
[If you’re agency marketer] Don’t just market other companies. Also focus on marketing your own. Whether that’s through SEO, whether that’s through paid media, ads, internal campaigns, events, partnerships. Find a way to personally brand yourself and your company. Always get on people’s radars in creative ways.