Today I’m joined by a man who is the CEO of a search marketing agency focused on growing marketing qualified leads for B2B companies. Welcome to DMR, Garrett Mehrguth. [You can find Garrett over at DirectiveConsulting.com.]
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss how to improve email response rate, with topics including:
- Are most companies doing email outreach wrong?
- Why is reply rate so important?
- What are the ways that businesses can improve reply rate?
- What are the biggest things that you’ve learned by testing?
- How do you recommend building an email list of prospects?
- Should B2B businesses use a VA to help with their email campaigns?
- Do you think that email is likely to change much over the coming few years?
- Should businesses be concerned about SPAM legislation?
- What software and systems do you recommend?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Slack [Team communication]
SEMRush [Search marketing software]
Screaming Frog [Website SEO crawler]
Buzzstream [Research and manage influencers]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at soe point in the near future?
Engagio [Account based automation and sales]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Start thinking about market share when you do search marketing. What that means is there are 4 paid ads above the fold. What that means is that you’re often below the fold if you’re just doing SEO. If you think about it this way… there’s 100% market share opportunity. Paid search on average has a 3% to 5% click-through rate. The number 1 spot might have an 18% click-through rate for SEO. Let’s assume that you have the number 1 spot for SEO and the number 1 spot for paid search. You’re still only capturing 20% to 25% of the market. What I highly recommend to everyone out there is to identify your most profitable keywords at the lowest part of your buying funnel and then take market share by seeing what other sites are ranking for those keywords and figure out how to take advantage of the full 100% of the marketplace.