Today I’m joined by someone who transformed his business from a regional player to a national leader using Inbound marketing. He’s a man with a passion for empowering entrepreneurs, solopreneurs and small business owners. Welcome to DMR, Tom Schwab. You can find Tom over at TMschwab.com/DMR.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss growing your business as a podcast guest, with topics including:
- Is it really possible to grow a business quickly without paying for advertising?
- So how many podcasts have you been on as a guest?
- How to be a podcast guest
- Do you host your own show as well, or is it better just to appear on other shows?
- How do you go about appearing on these shows?
- What do you do to prepare beforehand?
- What are the more common mistakes that interviewees make?
- Is it right to talk about your own product or service on other people’s shows?
- What’s the most effective call to action to make when you’re being interviewed on a podcast?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Text Expander [Save time typing]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Software that my customers are using
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Marketing is about starting a conversation with someone who could be an ideal customer. Just always remember that, and decide what are you going to do for marketing – can you start that conversation on social media? Can you start it as a podcast host? As a podcast guest? Is it best to do it one-to-one? Figure out what that is. How you can start that conversation. and that is your marketing secret.