Today I’m joined by 2 marketing veterans who have joined together to create a VC-backed Facebook-first performance marketing agency and ad-tech hybrid. Welcome to DMR, Peter Reitano & Jeff Goldenberg. [you can find these chaps over at Abacus.agency.]
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss how to optimize your Facebook ads, with topics including:
- Why Facebook advertising?
- What’s your second favourite online advertising network after Facebook?
- Can you talk me through how you go setting up a new campaign on Facebook?
- How do you target who sees the ad?
- What’s a great call to action?
- Are Facebook ads getting more expensive?
- What are the unique skills required for Facebook advertising compared with other paid networks?
- Why do people fail at Facebook ads?
- What’s in development – what’s the future of Facebook ads?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Workplace [Facebook internal management tool]
Google Docs [Online docs]
DaPulse [Task management]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
General discussion around chatbots
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Too many founders think by selecting a niche to nail at the beginning, they’re limiting their business, when really when selecting a niche to nail at the beginning, they’re setting their business up for future success. So a couple of ways to look at that – the first is like a video game. I think that startups are like a video game, and you have to pass each level concurrently to set you up for the next level… pick a small niche to nail at the beginning and trust that that is going to lead to bigger things down the road.