Matthew Loomis launched Build Your Own Blog to serve people and online businesses searching for a smooth blog setup that points them in the direction of long term success. He loves to counsel timid beginners on overcoming those initial blogging fears that hold back isolated, direction-starved dreamers.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss how to start a successful blog, including:
- What are the main secrets to successful blogs?
- As a blogger, is it important to pick and stick to one particular niche?
- What kind of blogging targets should you be setting to start off with in 2015?
- Why you need to learn to ‘shine’ as a blogger
- Is WordPress always the best platform for blogging?
- What length of blog post works best now?
- Should the majority of your blog posts be in the written format?
- Is SEO important to be aware of when starting off on your blogging journey?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
WordPress.org [ Blogging platform]
Olark [Instant messaging service]
MailChimp [Email marketing software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Evernote [Online lists]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Invest in your platform. Don’t try to take short-cuts or to get by with freebies when it comes to your online business or your website. Because your website is your online store-front. If you’re starting a conventional business, you wouldn’t want to begin your business in a rat infested dive. You would do whatever you could to start your business in the best location possible.