Today I’m joined by a proud geek who runs a business incubator and hangs out with neuroscientists. He works with clients to customize the personality of chatbots to help articulate the essence of their brand. Welcome to DMR, Peter Lisoskie. [You can find Peter over at SlapshotStudio.com/Chatbots.]
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss whether it is possible to humanize chatbots, with topics including:
- You say that chatbots will soon replace traditional websites, search, and apps – replace seems a strong word – is that really the case?
- Why are Chatbots going to be so popular?
- How exactly do you define what a chatbots is?
- What businesses are successfully using chatbots at the moment?
- Are chatbots right for any business?
- Are there any common mistakes that you see businesses making with chatbots?
- Is it more appropriate to sit and wait to see what other businesses are doing with chatbots or get stuck in straight away?
- What are the first few steps to get started?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Redbooth [Project planning software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Evernote [Digital note taking]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
There have been times in our life where ‘I wish we would have bought that house, I wish I would have invested in Netflix, I wish we would have started to email when it first came out’. I’m just letting people know that it is a good time to get in on chatbots now. Do not wait to be in the mainstream.