Today I’m joined today by a 20-year digital media marketing veteran. Someone who’s 6th book, “Mindful Social Marketing – How authenticity and generosity are transforming marketing” is set to be released in the near future. She is the is founder and CEO of Tatu Digital Media. Welcome to DMR, Janet Fouts (@jfouts).
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the how to choose the right social network for your business, with topics including:
- How many social networks should a business be on?
- How does a business decide which are the right networks to be on?
- What’s the latest shiny new platform to be on?
- Should business leaders be on social media or should it be their social media managers sharing content on their behalf?
- You also wrote a book on Google+ for business – is Google+ as important as it used to be?
- What are some of the more effective content sharing strategies at the moment?
- Your book talks about how authenticity and generosity are transforming marketing – what do you mean by that?
- Can you sell directly on social media?
- What’s the future for the big social networks? Do you think Twitter and Facebook are going to be the social goliaths for years to come?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Sprout Social [Social media dashboard]
Buzz Sumo [Social media listening tool]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
I try all the tools!
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, listen and then listen some more. Because we really need to be paying attention more to what our customer wants than what we want to tell them.