Today I’m joined by the first woman to sell machine-shop tools in the USA – and since then she’s been learning everything she could about tech and selling… welcome to DMR, Kristin Zhivago. [You can find Kristin over at ZhivagoPartners.com.]
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss honing the customer buying process, with topics including:
- What aspects of that do you think many businesses are struggling with at the moment?
- Why do you think that is?
- What can we do better as businesses to pay more attention to the customer buying process?
- What can marketers do better to provide buyers with what they’re looking for?
- Content marketing is what a lot marketers are focusing on at the moment – how do we ensure that we’re producing content that helps the buyer process?
- What are your thoughts on how sales and marketing can do to work more effectively together?
- How has the customer buying process changes over the past few years and how is this likely to further change over the coming few years?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Teamwork.com [Project management software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Salesforce [If you have a programmer in your back pocket!]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
You can’t sell to people you don’t know. Really know your customer as well as you know your best friend or your family. Any guessing is fatal. It’s so expensive. It’s guaranteed failure. Guessing is guaranteed failure.