Today I’m joined by someone who for nearly 2 decades has helped lead cutting-edge sales and marketing strategies in the healthcare industry. She’s the senior VP and general manager of marketing and communications at Influence Health – welcome to DMR, Kyra Hagan.
[Here’s the whitepaper that Kyra mentioned during the discussion]
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss digital marketing in the healthcare industry, with topics including:
- Is digital marketing in the healthcare industry very different to digital marketing in other industries?
- What digital marketing strategies are you currently focusing on?
- What kinds of marketing challenges do you have particular to the healthcare industry?
- What does an effective marketing department look like in the healthcare industry?
- Why is healthcare behind at digital marketing?
- What do marketers in the healthcare industry need to do better in the future?
- Can the clever use of marketing technology actually help patients?
- One thing that you mentioned before the interview was the phrase “the age of healthcare consumerism” – what does that mean?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Marketing automation platform
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
On Demand [Account-based marketing software]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
The way that consumers make decisions about healthcare has changed in some pretty profound ways and it has changed permanently. It is undeniable. Organisations have got to have a plan. And that plan is going to require multiple stakeholders in an organisation to come together. It’s bigger than marketing – you need your clinical team involved, you need your security team involved, you need IT support for some of these technologies, you need to evaluate and implement. Build a cross-functional team in health systems that’s focused on one thing – and that’s the quality of digital consumer experience you provide.