Today I’m joined by a man who has spoken at many top search marketing events including INBOUND, SearchLove, SMX and Pubcon. He regularly share his advice on Social Media Examiner, Search Engine Land and Social Media Today. He founded Wordstream, and his new company is MobileMonkey – Larry Kim.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss social media advertising today, with topics including:
- Does advertising on social media need a completely different mindset and strategy compared with more traditional pay per click search advertising?
- Is Facebook the biggest social media advertising opportunity for most businesses at the moment?
- What type of advertising on Facebook tends to be most successful at the moment?
- What are the constituent parts of a successful Facebook Ad?
- How do you categorise your Facebook Advertising according to who you’re targeting?
- Once you’ve got your campaign up and running, what are some ways to optimize its performance?
- What about Twitter advertising – what are you finding to be most effective there at the moment?
- And what are your thoughts on the future of social media advertising?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Twitter [Mass communication]
Facebook Ads [Social media advertising]
Google Analytics [Visitor analytics]
Marketo [Marketing automation]
BuzzSumo [Find influencers]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
vMix [Live video editing]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Be the unicorn in the sea of donkeys. There is just so much crap and garbage out there. The key to success is just being the remarkable company that isn’t a donkey.