Today I’m joined by a man who has personally built multiple seven figure e-commerce stores, and generated over £5M in sales in the UK,
and $14M for his clients in the US. Welcome to DMR, Michael Devlin. [You can find Michael over at MassConversions.com.]
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss launching a physical product in the physical sphere, with topics including:
- Are the digital marketing tactics that work for selling physical goods very different compared with the tactics used for selling digital goods or services?
- And when’s it best to sell goods from your own website, and when should you sell goods from somewhere like Amazon?
- What kind of goods are really good to be selling on Amazon at the moment?
- And what are some first steps to start selling on Amazon?
- Do you market from other traffic sources to Amazon?
- How important is creating a launch sequence?
- How do you capture your customer’s details so you can market to them again in the future?
- What are your thoughts on the future of selling on Amazon?
- What about e-commerce in general – are there there any other up and coming opportunities to be aware of, or will Amazon still be the big beast?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Screenflow [Video editing software for Mac]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Manage By Stats [Amazon selling software]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
If you’re looking to get into e-commerce, do not procrastinate. Do not fear the unknown. Get your idea. Don’t worry too much about it, don’t overthink it and just go for it. It’s a simple as that.