My guest today build brands for TV personalities, experts and entrepreneurs. You’ve seen his clients on on television, including Shark Tank, Dancing with the Stars and The X Factor. He’s also author of a book called “Shut up and Tweet” – welcome to DMR, Phil Pallen. (You can find Phil over at PhilPallen.co.)
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss personal branding, with topics including:
- Can an ugly person become beautiful?
- What makes a beautiful person appear ugly?
- What are some of the best things to do when reaching out to people for the first time?
- What are some of the mistakes that people make when presenting themselves to the public?
- What are some of the most effective ways to get noticed by influencers?
- If you’re being interviewed, what are a few things that you need to do to improve how you’re perceived?
- How do you decide on a brand’s personality?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Google Docs [Document management]
BillingsPro [Online Invoicing by MarketCircle]
Evernote [Collect ideas for podcasts]
Pinterest Secret Boards [Personal brand ideas]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Infusionsoft [Online communication management]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Remember that it’s not about YOU. Successful brands are built when we make it about THEM, when we satisfy a need – like any good business does. So make it about the person that you’re selling to, or you’re offering something to.