Scott Baradell is president and founder of Idea Grove, a public relations and inbound marketing firm focused on enterprise technology clients – and he’s based in Dallas and also has offices in London.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- Public relations strategies
- What’s the secret to successful PR moving into 2015?
- What about inbound marketing – what are some of the most successful strategies at the moment?
- And is PR an integral part of inbound marketing?
- What defines good PR now?
- What form of content works best at the moment?
- The 2 types of buyer – the now buyer and the future buyer
- Why over time content marketing is a better bet compared with pay-per-click marketing
- What is the value of a Wall Street Journal article compared with a vertical trade?
- Do you use attribution modelling software?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Vocus [Public relations software]
Trend Kite [Monitoring media coverage]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Link Detox [Find bad links SEO software]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
The answer to audience and media fragmentation – which is the challenge for every business today – is to identify who your core audience is, and then use your core content in as many ways as possible, to reach them in as many places as possible.