Today I’m joined by a man who’s returned to the company he co-founded, to lead it into a future based around creative collaboration. He’s the Chief Executive Officer at Hightail. Welcome to DMR, Ranjith Kumaran.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss how to foster creativity, with topics including:
- Do you think that creatives tend to be protective of their creativity?
- Is it possible to develop creativity, or it it more of a natural instinct?
- What is the most common path to becoming a professional creative nowadays – is it still a good ideal to get a university qualification?
- What are the some of the most important skills to learn as a creative in 2017?
- Is it possible to be a great creative and highly technical at the same time?
- If you’re managing a group of creatives, how do you provide feedback and foster greater creativity?
- Given the plethora of content marketing, how do creatives come up with something unique today?
- How do you encourage a creative team to be more collaborative?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Balsamiq [Mock-up new concepts]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Intercom [Communicate with your customers from your website]
Crazy Egg‘s new website recording solution [Live visitor analysis]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Your content pipeline is a strategic asset. Start thinking about the content you create as vital to your marketing success. Get better at that. The best teams right now are looking to solve this with better tools and processes.