Today I’m joined by a man who helps clients with their challenges in advertising, software design, and business process management. He describes himself as a Technologist, Speaker, Sushi Connoisseur, and a Travel Hacker. Welcome to DMR, Scott Dubois. [You can find Scott over at Pidalia.]
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss how to use customer data in digital campaign planning, with topics including:
- How do you use customer data in digital campaign planning?
- What data do you use?
- Are you talking about on ads, or on landing pages, or on both?
- Do you use customer data in all your campaigns?
- What type of data do you use?
- Do you use data from third parties as well as a customer’s own data?
- Do you use customer data to decide on when to run a campaign?
- Do you amend campaigns after they’re launched or do you tend to stick with things once they’re published?
- Are you a fan of being reactive or proactive with your advertising?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Something I learned very early-on is… don’t try to be all things to all people. You’re going to be a much better subject matter expert if you get very good at the space that you play in. It’s not to say that you shy away from things, but just understanding your business, not trying to be all things to all people is a good takeaway that has served me well.