Today I’m joined by a man who started his own digital agency in 2007 and transformed it into an SEO focused agency in 2012, quickly becoming a leader in the Romanian market. Welcome to DMR, Cosmin Negrescu. You can find Cosmin over at SEOmonitor.com.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the metrics you should be tracking to measure your SEO success, with topics including:
- Is being a good SEO all about being a good scientist, knowing the figures, the formulae. Or do you need to be an artist as well to be a great SEO?
- So what are the most important metrics to consider in tracking SEO nowadays, and how have they changed over the years?
- What are some of the common SEO mistakes that you see businesses making?
- Is it still OK to ask for links? How are SEO activities changing?
- Do you find that Google’s algorithm is different in Romania compared with the UK and the USA?
- What are your thoughts on the future of SEO? For example, will Facebook and Apple become more important search engines? And what about voice search?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Google Apps [Productivity tools]
Hubspot [Marketing automation]
Buzz Sumo [Social content performance]
Buzz Stream [Influencer outreach management]
SEMRush [Competitor research]
Majestic [Link index database]
Deep Crawl [Deep site technical analysis]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Last Pass [Online password manager]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Focus. For me as an entrepreneur and as a marketer, it’s the focus on the product or the service that I want to market and grow that is very important. It’s the focus on the areas that we think we are great, for the people that most need the solution that we are building.