Oren Greenberg is MD of Kurve, a search specialist digital marketing agency and head of search for Wonga internationally.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- What’s it like working as head of search in the payday loans industry?
- What SEO tactics don’t work anymore?
- SEO techniques in 2014
- When your brand perception is tarnished, how do you handle that from an SEO perspective?
- Competing in an industry known for black-hat SEO
- Spammy, short-term SEO vs. a longer-term approach
- Why using advertorials for SEO isn’t a good idea
- Does guest blogging still work?
- Do you have to be a big brand to rank well nowadays?
- Are backlinks still important?
- Is there a correlation between rankings and brand mentions?
- Is Google’s algorithm different in different countries?
- Is foreign language SEO easier?
Some of the key answers shared on today’s episode…
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact the success of your business?
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
How can you really improve if you’re not measuring successfully? You’ve got to measure in order to succeed.