Today I’m pleased to be joined by someone that helped me the first time I used Blab. He’s got more than 25 years’ experience in marketing, having assisted companies like Coca Cola, American Express and Proctor & Gamble in the past. Welcome to DMR, Timm McVaigh.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the traits of a good social brand, with topics including:
- In the future, will it be possible for brands to be a success without being social?
- What are the traits of a good social brand?
- What is the social aspect of a brand? Can a logo or “persona” be sociable, or is it down to the people in the organisation?
- Surely if a company’s products or services are good enough then their customers will do the talking on behalf of the brand on social media?
- Should your brand’s social voice always be congruent with your brand identity?
- How should personal brands and corporate brands sit together?
- So much has happened in the digital world over the past few years. Can you imagine how social platforms might continue to evolve, and if so how brands might have to adapt?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Adobe Creative Cloud [Design and creative software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Social analytics tools in general
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
You’ve got to transform your brand beyond logo and message and the thing that we do to the thing that it does for someone else. And that means having a conversation. That means allowing your you to be the voice of that relationship. Social means that we’ve become a person in a corporate world, and that corporate voice has to be more a person than just ‘we are a company changing the future’. People want to know why you’re changing the future and have a conversation around how can we help to change the future with you.