Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss social signals SEO, with topics including:
- Do you think that it is necessary to be prominent on social media nowadays to have great SEO?
- What impact do you think social has on Google’s algorithm?
- Are elements like Facebook likes actually part of Google’s algorithm?
- Do social brand citations on social media have an impact on SEO?
- You also blog on LinkedIn – you don’t have that content anywhere else?
- Is LinkedIn the most effective social media network for you at the moment?
- Is being on Google+ a good use of your time?
- Is it best to focus on just a few social networks or should you try to ‘be everywhere’?
- Is it worthwhile treating LinkedIn as your own blogging platform?
- Is it a good idea to accept anybody as a contact on LinkedIn?
- How did you get in to SEO?
- Is SEO not dead now? 😉
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Search Metrics [Keyword research tool]
SEMRush [Keyword research tool]
Majestic [Backlink analysis]
aHREFS [Backlink analysis]
Brand24 [Brand tracking]
TalkWalker [Social Media Analytics]
Fresh Web Explorer [Compare mentions and links]
Screaming Frog [Site crawling]
Deep Crawl [Corporate level site crawling]
Moz [On-page optimizer]
Hootsuite [Social media dashboard]
ViralContetBuzz [Social media sharing]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
What is your added value? What are you offering to customers? Why do you want to rank? Focus on the business objectives just now.