On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss how to generate leads on Twitter, with topics including:
- Why is Twitter still important?
- Are hashtags at the heart of what you do on Twitter?
- I see that it looks like you joined Twitter in August 2015 – were you using another handle before that?
- What style of Tweets do you find to be most effective?
- What are some great calls to action on Twitter?
- A tweet of yours says “content doesn’t matter – distribution is the game.” What do you mean by that?
- Is it just as easy to be successful on Twitter as a brand, compared with an individual?
- What other forms of social media marketing are particularly effective for you at the moment?
- What’s your background prior to getting into social media coaching?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Evernote [Note-taking app]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Snapchat [Social video & image messaging]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
You need to hustle man. Whatever you do out there. You have to be willing to put in the work. I get up at 4.45am pretty much every day and we live a pretty amazing lifestyle. I take a lot of time off during the day, playing with the kids. You’ve got to hustle. You’ve got to want it. The dream is free but the hustle is sold separately. You have to want it, you have to go get it. And the second step to that is if you don’t get up every morning and you don’t get jacked-up and your feet hit the floor and you’re excited to be alive, you’re probably not seeing where you want to go, you’re not seeing that vision on the wall that you’re chasing, you need to see that every day to keep you going ’cause life gets hard… when you combine those 2 you can’t lose.