On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the New Year’s resolutions for marketing teams, with topics including:
- Why have resolutions for marketing teams?
- Is January the best time for resolutions?
- One of the resolutions you suggest is “Be the Buyer Day” – what’s that about?
- Something else that you think is an important resolution is talking to customers – but does that apply to digital marketers as well?
- What else is on your own list of marketing resolutions this year?
- Do you have a team that decide their own resolutions?
- One of the main reasons that your book “The professional marketer” exists is because of Kickstarter. Were you quite happy with the Kickstarter experience?
- What’s one thing you might do differently if you did a future Kickstarter campaign?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Optimizely [Split testing]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Hotjar [Live user experience tracking]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Never overlook an opportunity to optimize. Marketing has changed from produce a bunch of stuff and then you’re done for the year to constant weekly optimization of everything. Social channels, website, sales training. You name it. I think we’re on a treadmill now in marketing. Just every week think about what could you do better next week, and then the week after that. I think you’re going to improve a lot. And it’s a lot easier in some ways than my annual resolutions to think about every week how I can get a little bit better, and a little bit better. Maybe it’s a smaller bite if you will.