Stephanie Ciccarelli is author of Voice Acting For Dummies, and the co-founder and CMO of Voices.com. Considered one of the most connected people in the industry, she’ been heard on radio, appeared on television and contributed to articles in Forbes, Success Magazine, and CNNMoney.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- Do you need a voice over artist?
- Is the selection of a voice to represent your brand really that important?
- How does a quality voice over benefit digital marketing?
- How can a voice impact your brand?
- And what are the common mistakes that businesses make when it comes to picking a voiceover artist?
- What is your best tip for content strategy at the moment?
- Do you have insights on what will be important in the digital marketing space in 2015?
- Can you be turned off a brand by listening to the wrong voice?
- Should a business put together the full script for a voice over artist?
- How to make a script your own without changing it
- Is it possible or a good idea to split test a voice over artist?
- What about accents? Are regional accents good or bad?
- Do certain accents carry more ‘weight’?
- Does someone’s age or maturity impact the perception of a voiceover?
- Is the quality of audio important?
- Do you need to ask your audio professional for a certain type of file type?
- How to select the ideal voice over professional
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Hootsuite [Social media management]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Pinterest [Image-led social network]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
You really need to know your brand. You know what it stands for. You need to know what it does, what it doesn’t do. And just essentially how you want it to shine in front of other people.