Chris is the founder of The Content Marketing Academy – Scotland’s first and only annual content marketing conference. He’s also founder and host of The Marketing Academy Podcast. You can find him over at Learning-Everyday.co.uk.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss what is content marketing, with topics including:
- How would you define content marketing to a small business owner?
- Does content marketing include private correspondence like email?
- Does every business that has a website need to be involved in some form of content marketing?
- The importance of leading with your personality
- If you only have 3 or 4 hours per week, should you just focus on one type of content marketing?
- Is it important to publish your content at the same time every week?
- Is it wise to have a schedule to produce your content before the publishing date?
- What is the biggest learning experience that you have come through as a result of publishing your podcast?
- What can you learn by editing your own podcast?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes that businesses make with content marketing?
- Why you shouldn’t think of content marketing as a ‘campaign’
- Is it possibly to measure the impact of content marketing?
- What are some of the newer content distribution opportunities in 2015?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
AllThings [Task management]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Slack [Team communication]
Meet Edgar [Social media management]
Sprout Social [Social media management]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Find a way to get your customers closer to you. Pull them in. Find a way to build a community with this one thing that you all have in common.