Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss Digital Marketing Technology & Blogging, with topics including:
- You registered ChrisG.com back in 1998 – you’ve been in the digital sphere for a long time!
- What do you remember about the early years of the web?
- How did you get into blogging?
- What about WordPress? When did you start using that?
- Are you still a coder?
- Given the development of social media, Is a blog more or less important for a business to have now compared with a few years ago?
- Over the last couple of years we’ve seen inbound marketing automation software become more intelligent – what developments in marketing technology are most impacting your workflow at the moment?
- Is it more difficult for the solopreneur to take on the big boys now?
- And what marketing technology trends are worthwhile keeping an eye on in 2015?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
GitHub [Online collaboration]
HipChat [Private group chat]
Skype [VOIP service]
Trello [Online workflow management]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Google Hangouts [Group video calls]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
I go back to what I said about networking being the most important part of my career. It’s not about who you know. It’s who knows what you can do. Networking should be about being generous to people, helping people and having people remember your value to them. Keep that network happy and positive!