Pete Whitmarsh is Head of PPC at Search Laboratory and is responsible for a team of 20 PPCers.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- How do you really know the optimum amount you should be bidding on a keyword, on Google AdWords?
- Should everyone be targeting specific devices and times with their Google AdWords’ campaigns?
- What are the up and coming paid search opportunities to look out for?
- Is Google AdWords generally the best place to start in terms of PPC?
- How does Google AdWords work?
- Are there better targeting opportunities on Facebook?
- How do you know the optimum amount that you should be bidding for your pay per click traffic?
- How do you establish the best ROI?
- Is there a best position number to be aiming for?
- Do you generate much more traffic if you appear at the top of the paid search results?
- What impact did the ‘enhanced campaigns’ update have on average click costs?
- What ad extensions or other bid options are worthwhile paying close attention to?
- How important is landing page quality?
- Pete’s Past, Present and Future of PPC video presentation (see below)
The Past, Present and Future of PPC – video presentation by Pete Whitmarsh
Some of the key answers shared on today’s episode…
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact the success of your business?
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Adthena [Competitor monitoring tool]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their own businesses?
Don’t be afraid to try new things. Keep on top of the industry news. If you never try it, you never know if it’s going to work.