Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss how to start an eCommerce business, with topics including:
- You’ve spoken at quite a few events in the US – how did you get involved in that?
- What on-page conversion rate tools do you use?
- What would you say are some of the biggest eCommerce trends in 2015?
- Why do you focus on Magento as an eCommerce platform?
- What are the biggest benefits of selecting Magento over WooCommerce and Shopify?
- How to keep your platform scalable?
- Is it easy enough to transfer your Ecommerce platform from WooCommerce to Magento?
- Why should you be careful with WooCommerce?
- Is it easy enough to split test inside Magento?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Optimizely [Conversion rate optimization]
Crazy Egg [Heat mapping software]
EyeQuant [Eye tracking software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Outreach.io [Sales Automation Platform]
AnalyticsSEO [Enterprise SEO Platform]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Try to budget your investment with 20% of it into back-end development and 80% of it into smart marketing.