Today I’m joined by someone who’s an influential entrepreneur, a self-taught digital marketing specialist, someone renowned for his success in winning BBC’s The Apprentice 2014. He’s the founder of one of the UK’s fastest growing digital marketing agencies, Climb Online, welcome to DMR, Mark Wright.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss whether there are any businesses that DON’T need digital marketing with topics including:
- Do you talk to any businesses in the line of your work that don’t even have a website?
- What percentage of businesses that you talk to would you say aren’t spending any money on digital marketing atall?
- Do you think that there are certain businesses that can still achieve significant success without having any digital presence?
- Is that always going to be the case in the future?
- What’s more important – brand awareness, or generic keyword traffic?
- Is a website always the first thing to get – or is more relevant sometimes nowadays to be ‘social first’?
- What kind of digital marketing activities are you using to promote your own agency?
- What kind of trends are you seeing at the moment with the services that your clients are asking you to provide?
- What are your projections on how this might change in the future?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
DoubleClick [Paid media management]
PPC Samurai [AdWords automation]
Majestic [SEO link research]
Screaming Frog [Website crawler]
SEMRush [Competotor research]
Moz [SEO software and training]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Slack [Team communication]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
If you want to earn more, you’ve got to learn more. When I got the most successful in this sector, and when I’ve been the most successful in business, it’s when I’ve educated myself as much as possible. You need to figure out ways to market your business, ways to run your business more effectively, but also you need to go on and implement that and take risks. People who learn the most, read the most and take the biggest risks are the most successful. And I think that there’s no other way around it. Figure out who the experts are in your industry, listen to what they’ve got to say, make a strategy for your business and your marketing and go out and do it. Don’t be afraid to take risks and don’t be afraid to spend money. And your business and your strategy will be successful.