Today I’m joined someone who consultants to boards on “social media for business”. She’s author of “The Social Executive: How to Master Social Media and why its Good for Business”. Welcome to DMR, @DionneLew. You can find Dionne over at DionneLew.com
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss social media strategy for senior executives, with topics including:
- Is it actually a good idea to get all senior executive active on social media – or is social media simply not right for some people?
- What percentage of senior executive would you say are active on social media at the moment?
- For those who are active, what are the downsides of being active?
- What are the benefits?
- What are some of the most effective networks to be on?
- What are some examples of the best ways for senior execs to interact on social media?
- What are some of the most effective networks and why?
- Can Facebook be effective for senior execs?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Buffer [Social media scheduling]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Be social, be global. Whether you’re a CEO or board member or professional, be social, be global.