Today I’m joined by a ‘DIY internet marketer’ who’s studied and learned from the successes and mistakes of other online entrepreneurs to move his own businesses forward, focusing on the power of email marketing. Welcome to DMR, Carey Green. [You can find Carey over at PodcastFastTrack.com.]
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the power of email marketing in 2016, with topics including:
- Why did you decide that focusing on email marketing was going to be most effective tactic for you?
- How do you explain the difference between SPAM and appreciated email?
- What kind of content do you include in your emails?
- How regularly do you send emails?
- How do you get your emails opened and read?
- What’s a good call-to-action to have in an email?
- What’s a good response rate?
- What software do you use?
- Do you set up automated sequences of email?
- Should email be essential for every type of business?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Wizy.io [Email management for Gmail]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Evernote [Online note-taking]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Your clients generally aren’t going to come to you. You’re going to have to go find them. And that requires that you take a very careful look at who is your ideal client. And then you find them. You find where they hang out, how you can connect with them – and you reach out. You’ve got to initiate that relationship. I know for some people that’s kind of intimidating and a ‘salsey’ feeling, and I felt that way until I realised that sales is just about adding value. It’s just about giving benefits to people that they are willing to exchange money for, because it’s of so much more value to them.