Ryan Buchanan is CEO of eROI, a digital marketing agency, which he founded to inspire and be inspired. His philosophy is all about stepping into client’s shoes with a business mindset first. You can find Ryan over at eROI.com.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- Email marketing ideas for 2015
- Is email marketing still innovating?
- Will social ever overtake email as a reliable customer communications medium?
- How has the increased use of mobile impacted email marketing?
- How Ryan obtained the domain eROI.com
- Is collecting email addresses still essential for most businesses now?
- Using tools to capture data from both web and social
- Whether or not email will always be part of the marketing mix
- Why organic reach is so much of a challenge on Facebook
- The multiple touch points of a customer order journey
- Are companies innovating fast enough to take advantage of mew technology?
- What is the ‘fluid web’?
- What can you learn from your customers?
- Working towards a single view of the customer across multiple devices
- Why customers abandon shopping carts and what to do about it
- What is progressive disclosure or progressive profiling?
- Working on increasing the conversion rate while still capturing as much information as possible
- How aggressive should a business be when it comes to asking for an email opt-in?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Google Docs [Group collaboration software]
Asana [Group collaboration software]
Harvest [Time tracking software]
LinkedIn [Business research]
Litmus [Email testing software]
ExactTarget [CRM Software]
Blue Hornet [Email marketing software]
Google Analytics [Website analytics software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Salesforce [Enterprise CRM tool]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Ask why – always get back to that core goal you want to accomplish – Why am I doing this? Why email Why search? How am I being strategic rather than just jumping right in there and looking for the ‘red shiny ball’?