Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss Google Plus for Business tips, with topics including:
- Is Google+ a social layer, a social network or both?
- If a small business owner doesn’t have much time to focus on social media, should Google+ be priority?
- Is it more important to try to be an influencer from your personal Google Plus profile, or build up the authority of your businesses’ Google+ page?
- When a business is signing up for a business page, what are some of the most important first things to do?
- Does Google+ as a social destination work for the majority of businesses?
- Is it possible for the average user to build up a decent volume of followers on Google+?
- What are 2 or 3 post types that tens to get most engagement on Google+?
- Can building up circles on Google+ be better than building your own list?
- Many people such as Larry Kim from WordStream are very vocal in saying that Google+ is on the way out – what’s your response to that?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
BufferApp [Social media scheduling]
Google AdWords [Pay per click marketing]
Genesis [WordPress framework]
Infusionsoft [CRM tool]
Circloscope [Google+ management]
NOD3x [Influencer finder]
Friends+Me [Google+ post distribution]
AgoraPulse [Facebook & Twitter social media management]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Google+ is part of the Google ecosystem. It’s got a Google search engine attached to it. I think that people should ignore a lot of the press and give things a go.