Kevin Pereira started off as a small business owner with InstaMaids, before selling up and joining
the Wet Shave Club as co-founder and CMO. There, he has repositioned the business as an eCommerce store with thousands of members. You can find him over at his Groove Learning group on Facebook.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss Instagram & Pinterest Marketing, with topics including:
- Why did you decide to focus on image-based social media networks as one of the main marketing channels for Wet Shave Club?
- Do you find both Instagram and Pinterest to be just as effective, or is there a better network for what you’re doing?
- How do you measure traffic to your site from Instagram when there aren’t any direct links from images?
- So what’s your posting strategy? What types of images are more likely to engage your audience?
- How do you get people to engage with you?
- Do you participate in paid media spend on social media?
- What’s the future for Instagram and Pinterest?
- How do you identify prospective bloggers for your outreach campaigns?
- What other forms of digital marketing are working particularly well for you at the moment?
- What are the mistakes that you see other companies making with their online marketing activities?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Instagress [Instagram automation software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Intercom [Email and messaging management]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Be persistent. You cannot measure the success of something instantly. Especially when it comes to social media. It is over a long period of time. 6 months to a year. So being persistent is probably the biggest thing I would say that helped us.