Today I’m joined by a tech entrepreneur who is a passionate builder of SAAS products that solve real world problems. He’s the founder of a company that monitors Google, Bing and Yahoo text ads and trends; and offer PPC competitor insight. Welcome to DMR, Leon Krishnayana (@leonkrishnayana). You can find Leon over at iSpionage.com.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss learning from your competitor’s PPC campaigns, with topics including:
- Is it essential for every business that runs PPC ads to be analyzing their competitor’s ads?
- What are the most important aspects of an ad to analyze?
- Obviously you shouldn’t just copy your competitor’s ad copy – or can you?
- What are some specific ways that competitive intelligence helps with managing PPC?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes people make with PPC campaigns?
- How is PPC changing?
- Is CPM or video or other forms of paid advertising going to take over?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Google Analytics [website visitor stats]
MailChimp [Email marketing]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Marketing automation software in general
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
If you’re starting out then you really need to get more traffic to your website first. If you’re not in the vicinity of anybody’s mind, no matter how great your product or service is, it’s useless. If you already have some level of visibility on the internet, customer success would be something that you would want to focus on. Word of mouth marketing is so powerful. That is the highest converting channel for us. You can only get that is you provide a good service or a good product.