Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss SEO for eCommerce, including:
- What are the essential elements of SEO that you need to be aware of when you run an e-commerce site?
- Do you have to be both technical and creative to be a great digital marketer?
- What outreach strategies are likely to work best in 2015?
- Is WordPress a good idea for an eCommerce store?
- Why is sticking to one tactic with SEO ‘shooting yourself in the foot’?
- What is ‘influencing the influencers’?
- What is the future of SEO – will it be agency or in-house led?
- What will make a great digital marketer in the future?
- How many user signals does Google use in its organic search algorithm?
- Are titles and descriptions still really important for SEO?
- How do you keep your backlink structure natural?
- Should you consider using Google’s ‘Disavow tool’?
- What are some of the best ways to conduct blogger outreach?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
AHREFS [Backlink checker]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Search Metrics [Enterprise SEO data]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Add value. That’s the most important thing now. You can’t really get away with trying to game the system too much if you’re gong to survive in an eCommerce world. You need to talk to your customers like they’re real people – because people buy from people. Centre everything about your business around the customer. What problems do they have and how can they solve your problems?