Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss SEO for eCommerce, with topics including:
- What’s the difference between being OK at keyword research and mastering keyword research?
- Do marketing managers understand search intent?
- How specific do you need to be when you are building content to rank for specific long-tail keyword terms?
- Should you focus on your who site first, or it it best to just optimize a few categories really well?
- How do you attribute value – do you just use last click?
- How does doing keyword research for an eCommerce store differ from doing keyword research for a service based business?
- What are some particular challenges that an eCommerce business might face that other businesses might not?
- What is the best CMS to use for eCommerce?
- What has changed in SEO for eCommerce over the past 12 months?
- What’s likely to most impact SEO for eCommerce over the coming 12 months?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Term Explorer [Keyword research]
Deep Crawl [Site health]
URL Profiler [Audit links]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Pick 20 keywords for your business. Base them first on intent, second on volume and lastly on competitiveness. And then figure out how long it’s going to take you to rank for these terms and what’s the cost going to be.