Olga Andrienko is the Director of Social Media at SEMrush. She has five years of experience in conversion marketing, and has increased SEMrush’s revenue from social media by an average of 30 percent monthly.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- Social media integration
- How should a company integrate social media strategy into its marketing mix?
- How can a company measure ROI from social media?
- And what is the impact of social media on SEO?
- The importance of monetizing offline events for social media
- Is social media a better brand builder than a traffic generator?
- Most people that follow you on social media are already your customers
- Social media isn’t the best way to attract new customers
- Why you are fortunate if you work in e-commerce
- UTM tracking for social media managers
- Viewing what users like and dislike about your competitors
- Reviewing which social media posts are popular and why
- Do social media activities every impact natural search rankings
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Hootsuite [Social media management]
Sprout Social [Social media management]
BuzzSumo [Performance analysis for content]
Rival IQ [ Competitor analysis software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Nimble [Social CRM]
David’s “Why SEO Will Never Die” presentation for SEMRush
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Social media isn’t an option, it’s a must. It’s a question of how you position yourself there and how you communicate. Find your voice. Check what others are saying and always remember that it’s social in the first instance, not media.