Today I’m pleased to be joined by an experienced CMO and technology savvy entrepreneur. Someone with a passion for digital marketing and how technology can help his clients achieve their goals – welcome to DMR, David Shaw! You can find David over at DavidMarkShaw.com.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss why Good Content is not enough, with topics including:
- If I work in a business and I produce what I consider to be a great piece of content – and I do this on a weekly basis, surely eventually if the content’s good enough, at least after a while, something’s going to get some viral traction?
- Was content by itself ever good enough?
- Is it getting harder to be a content marketer?
- What type of content works best at the moment?
- How do you market a piece of content?
- What’s the future for content marketing?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Buffer App [Social sharing scheduling]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Optimizely [Split testing software]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Be consistent with your content production. Consistency is the key. Be as valuable, as useful as possible and the customers will come.