Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- What is word of mouth marketing and how do you encourage it?
- What about stunt marketing? What’s that and how does it work?
- Can every business be creative with its marketing?
- Why it comes down to knowing your customers
- Why shocking is appropriate for some brands
- Why you may not have to be on the big 3 social networks
- Can all negative PR disasters be ‘fixed’?
- Why most ads aren’t really that important
- Can you still make a significant impact with content?
- Why you can’t be just outrageous – everything must still have a purpose
- Why Saul prefers dealing face-to-face with people
- What to do if you are bored with Twitter
- Can any business be outrageous in their marketing activities?
- Why companies should have a face rather than a logo as their avatar
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Trip It [Travel organizer]
Xero [Accounting software]
Google Docs [Document storage and sharing]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
WhatsApp [Group chat tool]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Push the limits. When you are creating experiences and memorable activities for people, know your customers as well as you can. Know where the line of good taste is, and know how to take 2 baby steps over the line. Get people to talk by creating something worth talking about.