I’m joined today by someone who believes that sales, as we practiced it in the last century is dead! He’s a man who believes that it’s absolutely essential to stand out and rise above all the noise made by the competition. Please welcome, the principal consultant at “The Art of Standing Out” – Arthur Jones. You can find Art over at TAO-iM.com.
On this episode of Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the art of standing out, with topics including:
- Is one way for a business to stand out, by adapting technology quicker than its competitors?
- What are the most important technologies for businesses to adapt as soon as possible?
- Are humans still important?
- What about communication with prospects – how much of that should be automated and systematized and how much should you rely on an individual’s personality?
- You say that storytelling is also important – how much of that can be built into the system?
- Will the art of standing our rely more and more on technology in the future?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Mindmeister [Mind mapping software]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Snapchat [Messaging & storytelling app]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Each of us has the opportunity to lead. And if we’re doing digital marketing, we’re stepping up to the plate to lead the tribe of people that we’re in service to. So accept the responsibility to be a leader, that we all can be. Cultivate the expertise of a leader – that is being mindful, using your intuition, using your sense of empathy and continuing to grow into that. And being a good leader also means that you do that soft-skill development for self-awareness, while you’re gathering all the data that you can to get a mash-up of soft-skills, data to reach the audience that you are in service to – and go change the world.