Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- How to improve website performance
- How do you actually judge how well your website is performing?
- Is web page loading speed really that important?
- And if you don’t have a mobile friendly site, how does that impact your visitor retention?
- What are the major changes that James has seen in digital marketing over the past 10 years?
- What is the trouble with the web industry as a whole?
- What is the the main problem that businesses are facing with website designers at the moment?
- What are the biggest challenges that most websites face?
- Why web designers need to think like a consumer
- Why it’s important to design a website that looks similar to other sites
- Are content management systems for websites the only way to go?
- How important is web page loading speed and what can be done to improve it?
- Where should your web server be located?
- How you can nominate the country that you want top optimize your website for
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Google AdWords [PPC tool]
Google Analytics [Website analytics tool]
Google for Work [Collaborative software tools]
Crocodoc [Website editing tool]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Remarketing using Facebook Advertising [Advertising tool]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Make sure that your website has all the basics first – check out how your site performs on mobile. Test your website on the Bloomtools Grader.