David Whatley is the Founder and Managing Director at MiShop Local, a specialist local search optimisation and citation building service for Brands, National Chains, Franchises and Agencies. You can find him over at mishoplocal.co.uk.
Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss the following:
- What is local search engine optimization?
- How is local search optimisation different to conventional websearch?
- What challenges do companies face with local search optimisation?
- What’s the difference between local SEO and local listing optimistion?
- Is Google good at determining your location if you aren’t signed in to your Google account?
- Is there still a big local SEO opportunity out there?
- Do businesses still have to submit their details to Google, or will Google glean information that is already out there?
- What happens if Google has no confidence in relation to the information that is already out there about your business?
- Is it still important to get listed in small local directory websites?
- Can a business expect to see a reasonable volume of traffic from a local listing on Google?
- Can you have a local listing on Google if you don’t have a website?
- How can a business differentiate itself from its local competitors?
- How important is your brand to local optimisation?
- Should you ask your customers to write reviews about your business on Google local?
- Are there other sites that you should ask your customers to review your business on?
- Why getting a surge of reviews isn’t great
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Google Drive [Project management tool]
Wrike [Project management tool]
What software don’t you use, but you’ve heard good things about, and you’ve intended to try at some point in the near future?
Hubspot [Inbound marketing tool]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Be consistent wherever customers look or find your services. If you have multiple locations, ensure that your name, address and phone numbers are being listed as intended.