Today on Digital Marketing Radio we discuss selecting images for websites, with topics including:
- Do you think that you can always see the difference when a professional photographer has taken the shot?
- Does the quality of images that you use on your website really matter?
- What are some of the mistakes that businesses make when selecting images for their website?
- Is it really important to consider your brand’s values before selecting images for a project?
- What kind of brand considerations do you need to be aware of before selecting a photograph for a site?
- Do smaller businesses really need to invest in a professional photographer?
- Should you have your brand colours or perhaps representatives of your target audience in your website images?
- Is it important to split-test images to decide which one to use?
- Should the social network that you use to share images depend on the type of business?
- What other social networks are popular among photographers?
Software I couldn’t live without
What software do you currently use in your business that if someone took away from you, it would significantly impact your marketing success?
Evernote [Personal organizer]
Optimizely [Split testing]
Invision [Workflow improvement & collaboration]
My number 1 takeaway
What’s the single most important step from our discussion that our listeners need to take away and implement in their businesses?
Take it back to the person you are trying to reach. Don’t get worried about the hot platform of the day, the app the buzzword, whatever. Because there’s going to be a new one tomorrow. Stay focused on your consumer. Keep the voice of your customer in your ear at all times. If you stay close to them, everything else will sort itself out.